24 June, 2014

Bad Movie(s) Review: Simplified Review of some Moooooovies


/ /
I watched quite a number of movies and I was always like "I gotta do a review for this". Just like I always wanted to do one for Alien Quadrilogy.

I'm a huge sci-fi fans. I watch comedies and actions and everything else too, just can't stand sad movies...

"Lie down - try not to cry - cry a lot" meme from thy great internet (I don't own this pic)

Okay now let's talk about movies. There are quite a number of them so I have to do a short and quick review for each. Like "What do I think of these movies" in 20 sentences (okay maybe more).

Edge of Tomorrow

The title doesn't make sense. "Edge of Tomorrow". I couldn't guess what it's about, unlike "Escape". You could be like "oh they're escaping somewhere." Maybe a house/forest/barn/valley of a psycho killer, or just prisons. Okay we can talk about "Escape" later.

Emily Blunt as Rita. Angel of Verdun. Full Metal B*tch. (I like the latter more.) And Tom Cruise as Cage (why is he being referred to with his last name and Rita is Rita?). Coward to Hero. Okay can't really say coward because he did fight this whole war. Anyway sci-fi and actions. I give it a 7. New concept (not the time warp thing but yea) and cool cast (I'm referring to Emily Blunt).

Time travelling is such a thing now. X-men and whatnot. My favourite is gonna be BTTF all the time.

(Okay this review is bull, sorry.)

Comment: Live. Die. Respawn. Like that part in a video game which you can't pass.

Malefiecient

by T E on Flickr

As much as I love Angelina Jolie's makeup and acting in this movie, I'm gonna give it a 6. It feels like they're rushing for an ending since the meet-a-prince (is the boy a prince) part and then true-love-kiss-yes-or-no. And later we found out that the plot twist which directs the whole movie to the HAPPY-MOTHERS'-DAY theme like Aliens did. Despite those points, Angelina Jolie did a humorous and just GREAT Maleficient (I mean her expressions). For example when she visits Aurora's christening. I love her change of expression. She's very beautiful.

Oh and the little Aurora is her daughter! :D Do you think she looks a little like Brad Pitt? When she said "up up" it's super cute. Okay maybe 6.5 for the girl.

Anyway I think the movies nowadays are promoting love of family instead of the kind of old Disney movies love. Good or bad? It's a little sad when Maleficient said "There's no true love". :(

Comment: Jennifer Aniston as Aurora's mom please?

Godzilla

by Sebastian Dooris on Flickr

Godzilla is the new superhero. He (She? It?) should be joining the Avengers Alliance. Or Justice League. Since it evolved from a fish (right?) Sea Man might be able to communicate with him. Sorry I mean Aquaman. Sea Man was the first term which came to my mind. (Sea Man is a valid character though.)

So the movie describes Godzilla as the saviour to maintain balance for Mother Nature. And... yep. Muto died, Godzilla seemed to be dying but POOF I'M NOT DEAD FOOLISH HUMAN BEINGS and into the sea I go~ Are they saving that for a sequel? Cliché.

I feel NULL thinking about this movie like what kind of impact it gives me... Hmm *shrug*

I thought of Tommy in Power Ranger (the dude in white with gold and black thing around his shoulder) calling his dinosaur from the sea with a flute though. Awesome.

Comment: "Avengers assemb --" *Godzilla steps on Steve Rogers*

Sorry this post is crap lol.

No comments

Post a Comment

© thosetimeinbetween
Maira Gall