26 January, 2016

Awkward & Awesome + my 2016 resolutions!


/ /
Doing some scrapbooking - pugs are super cute!!!

(That title doesn't apply to anything.)

Anyway, I'm still excited about new year. In my mind I made a lot of resolutions (yea I'm the kind of person... a resolution-ist) and I really want to see them coming true! Inspired by a friend, I made a planner thingo so I can encourage myself to be more disciplined.

Some of my goals:

1. To grow in the Word

I want to spend more time to grow in the Word of God. A Christian should root his/her faith in God's Word. It's more than attending all the services or being involved in ministries. These are important but there is more. Paul said in Romans 10:2 "For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.". Also in Proverbs 19:2 "Desire without knowledge is not good — how much more will hasty feet miss the way!". I have picked up a one-year-bible plan. I used to think that the quality matters more than the quantity (it is!) but I want to try to read more of the Bible other than the daily devotion. Oh talking about daily devotion, now we can move to point #2.

2. Discipline

Aaaahhhhhhhhh! Yep, DISCIPLINE. I need to practice discipline in:
- Spiritual growth - wake up early for daily devotions, memory verses etc
- Ethical practices - like be on time for work and services and meet-ups. And be on time means 10 mins earlier!
- Personal growth - do more reading, doodling, exercising and programming!

There are actually more. Well I'm really looking forward to this year. I hope there will be breakthroughs in work and personal growth.


There's this interesting book that I borrowed from library -- "Restless: Because You Were Made for More" by Jennie Allen. Lots of things in the book were like loud BANGs in my head. This year my theme is John 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease". May God be exalted in my life, and all for His glory.

Praise God! I am so excited. Hope you have dreams and goals for this year too! :)

No comments

Post a Comment

© thosetimeinbetween
Maira Gall