29 April, 2016

Highest Calling


/ /
I have been thinking about job changing for more than a year. It started at the end of 2014 I think. Then it evolved into an idea of finding my "calling".

Being a Christian, I had this idea that the "calling" has something to do with my career. Something specific at somewhere (specific too). Like do I continue to code? Or am I moving towards another occupation? Maybe full time ministry? Also being a software developer, I want my skills to be directly put to use in good ways.
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Phil 3:14)
And during this period of time I looked into devotion materials and what people say about finding purpose and calling. I was expecting to find some guides for me to find what I am good in doing and find my specialty and so on "calling". Thank God that through the journey I discovered and started to embrace the idea that my highest calling is to follow Christ Jesus, and my highest purpose is to glorify God.

It means, whether I work at a small cubicle, or as a mother who nurse three children, or as a NBA star (I am not, but Stephen Curry is!), I am to glorify God at where I am. That means I need to work unto the Lord (Col 3:23) and be a testimony of Him (Matt 5:16).

Well I am still looking for jobs. In this time of waiting, I learn to depend on God (and still learning!). I learn to pray more. I learn to seek Him of my future. I learn to ask God to mould me in this time of waiting. There are still a lot more to learn, but I want to give thanks to God.

I still have no idea when I'll get a new job. But I believe along this journey of waiting there are blessings and I need to set my eyes upon God. I believe in His perfect timing.

Praise God!

No comments

Post a Comment

© thosetimeinbetween
Maira Gall