16 August, 2016

New wine skin: season of enlargement


/ /
I think this is my season of renewal and enlargement. The church's theme of the year is "the Year of Growth".

This is a story of my colleague. She's a tall lady. When she was a kid, one day she complained to her mother that her body ached. So her mum brought her to a doctor. The doctor said it was probably her growing too fast.

Growth means change. Growth means pain and sacrifice. It doesn't mean suffering necessarily, but I believe in order to grow we need to give up on something. It's probably time, or energy, or certain things on the priority list.

I feel that in this season I need to learn on negotiating. I am not a person who likes to push or confront people. Sometimes I'd rather just "minding my own business". But that's being selfish. Since God has freely given to me, I need to do the same too.

Let's pray for an enlargement of territory!

No comments

Post a Comment

© thosetimeinbetween
Maira Gall