03 October, 2013

Just Want Cafe . The Garden | Friends Forever! :)


/ /
I'm laaaa-aaaaaa-aaaa-te. Late. Not Latte. I'm not a coffee drinker. BLA WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT I meant I was supposed to post on Monday and Thursday (regular blogging practice) but I'm late! Anyway I want to share about this place where I went with my secondary school friends last month. If you have heard about Just Want Cafe in Johor Bahru (talking about Malaysia here)... I'm not sure if there's more than one Just Want Cafe in JB but I went to the one called "The Garden".

Note that I didn't take all of the photos. Some are from my friends.


The store is one single house located at... I don't know where (if there's a failed blogger award I would have won it). I heard that previously it was a show house and I don't know if it's supposed to be a terrace but the way they decorate it is very nice!


Okay I should have taken more pictures. The place is kind of small and cozy. Inside there are only 4 to 6 sets of tables and it is AIR-CONDITIONED! Upstairs is not open for public. Around the house there are some tables too but it'd be kind of sweaty if the weather is hot. So remember to make reservation and tell them you want to book seats indoor or outdoor.


So you should expect the drinks and food (all are desserts) here are slightly expensive than the normal cafe. Each drink is about RM10. I ordered hot chocolate (the first two pictures) and got this really cute mug. And my friends ordered the coffee series drinks. Am I the only one who thinks that the most bottom picture the coffee painting looks like... Nepenthes? A kind of carnivorous plant which looks like a bag and there's a piece of leaf(?) on top. When insects fly in it closes the thing and digests the prey. Ok nevermind. Let's look at the desserts instead.


My friend ordered this blueberry cheesecake and it tasted so YUMMY! All cheesecakes are yummy aren't they? :O I think I need to buy a piece of cheesecake later...

I ordered the waffle and I have never tasted waffle this crispy?! It was super good. And the ice cream is vanilla flavored but it is not like the normal vanilla ice cream which tastes very milky. The ice cream tasted very fresh and cooling OM NOM NOM I am hungry now~ I scooped some ice cream and put on the waffle and ate them together. Awesome combination! :D


My friend sent us the photo and I added hearts and star on our faces (I am the one with star) for anonymity (WHAT FOR?!). Thank you Mr. Waiter for taking the picture for us. It's good to see my friends are all doing great in their work and their life. Some are in foreign countries. One of them completed her master's degree. Few are getting better jobs and having their own significant partner... I'm happy for them. :D And I am thankful for having great friends like them. Even though we don't see each other very frequent but we always get to talk about a lot of things when we meet up.

Friends forever! 

No comments

Post a Comment

© thosetimeinbetween
Maira Gall