27 July, 2015

It's a new season


/ /

Thank God for a lot of things! I have received a lot in this 50 days of fasting and prayer. There are about two more weeks left. Let's hope for more! Okay so I want to count my blessings:

1. I applied for this Software Developer position in my dream company in February. So after about four months I got a reply that they want to have a phone interview with me. I was super excited because it meant a lot to me. You see, DREAM COMPANY! But this is not a I-got-it-and-I-thank-God story (yet?). The phone interview didn't go well. So I was told that I'm not that good technically. Even though I thought the comment sounded kind of rude, I can understand where it came from, since I couldn't answer the OOD questions well. Anyway I was still offered the chance to do the technical assignment. I just thank God that through it I understand what my weaknesses are and what I need to work on to be a professional, and more than that, really good software developer. I define really good as knowing my stuff and not just depending on Google. I really need to work on the theories. I don't worry about the outcome anyway, because I know God let me went through the interview for reasons, and I do not know if I'd get into the second round, but I had my takeaway and I'm thankful. And I am not worried about my future. 

2. I have full assurance that God will lead me through this wandering and seeking of life direction. This full assurance is not head knowledge. I am like 100% convinced. I feel that something great is about to happen in my next job. I really want to make a difference, like I do not just want to work for a paycheck and clock in clock out everyday. I want to work directly for the greater good of human kind. I want to help people and I hope my job can be meaningful. I know that I don't have to be that to serve God and shine. There are a lot of Christians in the market and they are being great testimonies. So I do not know what industry God is going to send me to. But I know wherever He sends me, it will be where I bloom.

3. I always wanted to avoid making choices. So there was a call from an agent that day to confirm a job application. I said okay but I was praying "God don't let her call me back if I it was not meant for me". Like I just expect an answer to drop from the sky and tell me what's next. But sometimes it's not like that. I have to take a step of faith, and step by step I'll see what happen? There are many uncertainties, but I know that if I align myself to walk right in God, I will be on the right track and head to His plan for me. So, I am not worries, just that there are things to learn and sometimes I struggle with waiting.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11, NKJV)
So, be patient, and wait, and claim the promises of God. Sounds easy, but it's going to be difficult when it comes to reality, and I want to be prepared for whatever it is that is ahead.


And don't go too harsh on myself, that's something I learned. Sometimes people say mean things to themselves; Mean things that they would not want others to receive. I have to practice to love myself more and to forgive. Do not practice self-condemnation. Sometimes pick myself up and keep moving forward is the best thing to do.

So I was craving for Nando's one day. Everyone loves lemon and herb! Normally if  I were alone I wouldn't go to a place which requires queueing. I found out that there were few people who dined alone. It's okay to pamper yourself with good food once a while. <3

So I attended a training last week. It was about boosting EQ. There's this session that we were asked to draw something and introduce ourself with that and we could draw anything. So yep, I drew a pizza! The next picture is a drawing I made on McD paper bag when I was bored. Hey spidey.

 

It's a new season. Grab the chance and don't miss it when it comes along!

No comments

Post a Comment

© thosetimeinbetween
Maira Gall