03 December, 2015

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you"


/ /
CONFUSION has become a thing recently.

It's all chaos. I have so many questions. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I took time to fast and pray, and now it seems WORSE. It's like there are more problems and worries. But I remembered last week pastor preached about something like, when you pray and bad things happen, then it's right.

I'm telling myself it's good. I'm on the right path. And I need to take heart. Because troubles are going to make me or break me.

These few days I've been thinking about this verse "Be still and know that I am God" in Psalms 46:10. I asked God: how to be still? Teach me.

I believe in God. I believe in His sovereignty and He is looking out for me. He has my best interest at heart because I am His daughter and He loves me.

I learned a new skill; I call it "Spam the Scripture". In times of troubles, just keep remembering and meditating upon the scripture. It's the Word of God. It's His words of truth and promises to us.

I believe the God who said "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." (Jer 31:3) will open doors. He will provide.

"But now, this is what the Lord says —
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.
Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give people in exchange for you,
nations in exchange for your life.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you; (Isa 43:1-5a)

This is what the Lord says—
he who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters,
who drew out the chariots and horses,
the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:
“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland. (Isa 43:16-19)

So do not fear, for I am with you; 
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isa 41:10)

For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
Do not fear; I will help you.
Do not be afraid, you worm Jacob, little Israel,
do not fear, for I myself will help you,
declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. (Isa 41:13-14)

No comments

Post a Comment

© thosetimeinbetween
Maira Gall